Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wanna scratch my back?

“No.”
It was worth a shot. For the backscratch is the only thing that remains as incredible now as it did 17 years ago. It sucks that everything we once loved loses its appeal. I want to play with Hot Wheels for 45 minutes with my neighbor and not get bored. “Crash!” What a awfully fun game. Awful. And fun. Or be in blockbuster, grab a random movie, pretend it’s a gun, and run away from Austin while shooting him.
When I have fun now, I feel like it’s just a distraction from the real things in life. It’s not substantial in any way. It doesn’t actually provide any fulfillment. I guess that’s really the problem everyone has. What’s the point of it all? Well… I know the point. My point at least. I don’t know if knowing and not being able to get there is worse than not knowing at all. It’s the whole “Love and lost vs. never loved at all” thing. It’s all dependent on the individual. I like where I’m at as much as I don’t.
So Mama Johnson and Papa Johnson met each other in school. I say middle school, could’ve been high school, doesn’t really matter. The fact is that love happened early for them. And that’s sweet as shit. I don’t want to meet my future wife while drunk at a party. I don’t really want to be drunk at a party. At least not right now.
I wonder what’s the coolest thing anyone’s ever done for me.

No comments: