Thursday, March 8, 2012

Nothing is cool about pythons

"Yup. Of course she's still going to die some day. We're all going to die." - Brian Krakow

We've got some time, it's a long life. All I really do is sit around and think. It's really no way to live. But I can't leave my bed because the world is too cold.

How awful sometimes sounds like hot waffle.

"Hey, Allyboo. Ya'll win?"

"No, we got crushed."

I think I ran over an opossum last night. If he had just played opossum I would've avoided him.

The first person I saw that I recognized when I went back to Athens was Walking Guy. The first clue that nothing had changed. He's just this guy that you see walking all the time. Homeless or something. I guess he's not walking all the time because I used to see him in the library every day. I would go to the third floor of the library on my hour break between my two economics classes during my sophomore year and see him reading a book or a newspaper, maybe doing the crossword puzzle. He was there every day at the same time. He would also wash his hair in the bathroom sink. I'd sometimes sit at a table a few tables down from him and try to figure out what in his life brought him to this.

No comments: