Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Year of the Goomba Shoe


I've never been one for making New Year's resolutions. I think they're lame and end up making me upset because I never keep them. Of course I have goals that I hope to accomplish and different things that I wish to implement into my life, but I don't think I need to make a list of them so that I can cross them off as I fail to uphold them. For example, I want to do well in school. Well duh, why wouldn't I want to do well in school? It's not like I go here not hoping to succeed. I want to do something with my life, even if I'm not sure what that is. I also have this distaste for disappointing people, which will hopefully propel me into working harder this year.

2007 was a very inconsistent year. If I were one fond of the expression "Roller Coaster Ride" then I might use it here. The good times were some of the best in my life and the bad times were some of the worst. So much changed in such a short period of time. In 2008, I wish to reduce the bad times while maintaining or increasing the good. Seems like I simple enough desire, and also one that I believe is not unobtainable. I've already kicked off the poker year quite nicely. I'm really looking forward to this. Best year yet...Ever!

No comments: