Thursday, December 20, 2007

Road to Paradise

My mom was crying when I woke up yesterday. It made me want to jump out of the window. Of course I'm sure that wouldn't have made her happier. Life is frustrating. People are so passionate about certain things that just don't make sense to me. I don't understand arguments. They just seem pointless. I've spent most of my life avoiding strong confrontations. I don't mind discussing how I feel about certain things, but honestly I've found that it's often better just to keep your mouth shut. Let people think how they want to think because I'm not going to be able to convince them. What makes me right anyway? Even if I am right, they don't need me to tell them.

My dreams scare me. To think that somewhere there is a place in my head that comes up with these events that take place while I'm asleep does not sit well with me. Sometimes they're funny or happy, but what is it that determines the story? I hate dreaming about high school. I really prefer to not think of such things. The dreams about friends and soccer always make me sad when I wake up because I know they aren't real. Things aren't how they should be. I love the memories, but it only hurts when I think that I've actually returned to those years.

I do enjoy life.


Published: June 12, 2010

No comments: